Your trust is incredibly important to us, which is why we want you to be aware of the safeguards we have in place to respect and protect your privacy.
Please note, A Wise Bride is a division of Kim Starr Wise Floral Events. The statements below apply to both Kim Starr Wise Floral Events and A Wise Bride.
Types of personal information we may gather:
Kim Starr Wise Floral Events gathers personal information from you in order to provide:
- Better service,
- Communicate offers on products and services that we believe will be of interest to you,
- Customize our communications to you,
- Administer our business,
- And improve your experience with our brand.
Personal information is information that identifies you or is reasonably linked to you. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card information. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. For certain transactions, we may be required to collect information to comply with legal requirements.
Any time you visit the Kim Starr Wise Floral Events website at www.kimstarrwise.com, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access the www.kimstarrwise.com website. This non-personally identifiable information includes the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address, and any search engine you may have used to locate the www.kimstarrwise.com website. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the www.kimstarrwise.com website, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, Kim Starr Wise Floral Events gathers certain navigational information about where you go on the www.kimstarrwise.com website. This information enables us to determine which areas of the website are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor it to the needs and interests of our online visitors.
We collect your information from the following sources:
- Information you give us, such as during transactions, customer service operations, surveys, and online registrations,
- Information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records, and
- Information automatically collected when you visit our websites, such as via “cookies.”
The following are examples of the personal information we may gather from you.
Purchases: When you place an order, you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address plus payment information.
Non-Purchases: There may be instances when you are not making a purchase with Kim Starr Wise Floral Events and you give us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information, or when somebody else gives us your name, address, phone number and/or e-mail address, and where applicable, payment information. Some situations when this may occur are when you return or exchange products, receive a gift from Kim Starr Wise Floral Events or enter a contest or participate in a promotion or survey sponsored by Kim Starr Wise Floral Events.
Personal Shopping Account: If you create a Personal Shopping Account with us so that you may place orders more conveniently, you authorize us to store your name and shipping address(es), and payment information.
E-mail updates: When you subscribe to receive e-mail updates from www.kimstarrwise.com featuring exclusive offers, product news, special discounts, contest announcements and more, we require your e-mail address. You can opt out from this and unsubscribe at any time.
How we use personal information:
We ask you for certain kinds of personal information in order to provide you with the services you request and to process and deliver your order. We also may use your personal information to provide you with customized communications and keep you updated on the latest promotions or products that may interest you.
In addition, our site utilizes ‘cookies.’ Cookies do not gather any of your personally identifiable information. They do allow us to provide you with a more personalized shopping experience and enable you to fully interact with our website.
- Kim Starr Wise Floral Events does not sell or rent your personal information.
- Kim Starr Wise Floral Events uses your information to provide products and services and to support core business functions. These uses include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- with service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations or joint products.
- with your consent.
- when necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Kim Starr Wise Floral Events customers, or employees, or when otherwise required by law.
What are cookies?
We use “cookies” to recognize you as you use or return to our website. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping and online experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive. To place an order and complete your transaction on www.kimstarrwise.com, you must have ‘cookies’ enabled on your Web browser.
Cookies also help us:
- Determine which features and tools you use, and which pages you visit on www.kimstarrwise.com
- Remember which items you’ve placed in your shopping cart
- If you have any concerns about leaving cookies on your computer for extended periods, you can delete them at any time using your browser preferences or privacy menus.
Unique User Log Files
At times we use IP addresses to generate demographic data or as a fraud prevention measure. Otherwise they are not shared, analyzed or distributed.
Our Business Partners
We may involve third-party companies as a necessary means to fulfill your order. These third parties may be involved with order delivery, e-mail transfer, marketing, and credit processing, among other tasks. Third parties will only be granted restricted access to your personal information for carrying out order related purposes and will not be allowed to use this information for soliciting unrelated services.
How We Protect Your Information
All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Employees are permitted to access only specific parts of your information, and this access is based on their respective role in fulfilling your order.
Our database is heavily monitored and safeguarded to prevent misuse from outside operators.
Social Media Use
Changes to This Policy